Monday, October 7, 2013

Unit 6

This week we installed and configured DSpace in order to enter some repository items from our own collection. The install took quite a bit of time and I have to admit that despite my best efforts I could not follow everything that was going on. Although the instructions are clear, I still feel that I am missing some context just because the command line is still so new to me and unlike others in class I do not been lucky enough to yet have real-life experience with these tools. Luckily I did not run into any major problems, and I made sure to take all of the recommended snapshots. I had one issue with the WinSCP transfer due to my own misunderstanding. I noticed some differences in the alternate installation instructions, but I don't know enough to know how significant these differences are. I am hoping that if I continue to study and practice it will make more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment