Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Unit 12

It is nice to know that a pre-installed VM is an available option, but I think I would prefer to build my own. I have learned a lot by being able to install and configure the VMs and repositories, and I think the more you know about these processes the greater control you have and the better you can troubleshoot when problems come up. At this point in my learning I would still need quite a bit of guidance; but then again, part of the learning process is knowing where to find the resources you need. A pre-installed VM may be a good option if you are very limited on time and either don't have the basic knowledge needed or you already feel comfortable enough that you don't need to go through the process in order to be familiar with what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment