Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Unit 1

This week we are supposed to gather a small collection of digital objects which we will be working with over the course of the semester. Since these objects should be coherent yet diverse, something I know about, and should be digital objects that I have in hand, I thought that my artwork would fit this project well. I own my own small art business where I create and sell my artwork online and locally. These are physical paintings and drawings, but I scan or photograph all of them before they sell, so I have digital surrogates. Although I am the artist for all of them, they have different subjects and sometimes different mediums and creation years.

This collection would be aimed towards anyone interested in art, and specifically lowbrow, folk or pop surrealist art. I already use tags when listing my artwork online, so I could draw from those for terms used to provide access. Some examples of some terms I have used are "original art," "pop surrealism," "fairytale," etc. I would probably use more specific terms, however, once I get my images together and think more about the collection as a whole. I am really looking forward to this, as I have been wanting to do some sort of database for my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment